WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
In WWE 2K22 players are able to enjoy many different game modes including the returning GM Mode, Universe Mode, revamped MyRise or mayhem with MyFaction. In addition to that we got a brand-new WWE 2K Showcase mode featuring one of the best luchadores in the history of professional wrestling Rey Mysterio.
This year there are 12 matches in total. You can relieve some of the greatest moment of Rey Mysterio’s history with custom cutscenes and objectives to fulfill in the match. Sadly we do not have ALL of his memorable moments like Wrestlemania 22 match against Randy Orton and Kurt Angle. Some other additions are in the game, and it is awesome to play through, especially with Rey’s own stories and commentary.
Rey Mysterio 2K Showcase Match List
Every match in the WWE 2K22 Showcase following the career of Rey Mysterio!
- Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero – WCW Halloween Havoc 1997 (Mask vs. Title Match)
- Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio – Wrestlemania 21
- Rey Mysterio vs. Shawn Michaels – Raw 2005 (Eddie Tribute Show)
- JBL vs. Rey Mysterio – Judgment Day 2006 (World Heavyweight Championship Match)
- Rey Mysterio vs. Kane – Cyber Sunday 2008 (No Holds Barred Match)
- Dolph Ziggler vs. Rey Mysterio – Summerslam 2009 (Intercontinental Championship Match)
- Rey Mysterio vs. Batista – Smackdown 2009 (#1 Contenders Match)
- The Undertaker vs. Rey Mysterio – Royal Rumble 2010 (World Heavyweight Championship Match)
- Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz – Raw 2011 (WWE Championship Match)
- Samoa Joe vs. Rey Mysterio – Raw 2019
- Rey Mysterio vs. Gran Metalik – Raw 2019
- Seth Rollins and Murphy vs. Rey Mysterio and Dominik Mysterio – Payback 2020 (Bonus Match)
I personally think that the plans included some more iconic matches but due to licensing and not being able to agree to some terms within WWE were changed to some more random Rey’s modern matches like that against Gran Metalik.
These are just speculations on my part because it seems weird to skip such a memorable match like the WM22 bout, but the game mode is still a lot of fun. I would highly recommend playing through it, especially since you can unlock all the superstar Rey Mysterio is facing in this mode.
Share this article…