Pokémon Go’s Mountains of Power event is focussed around Rock and Steel-type Pokémon, with Mega Aerodactyl as the event’s main star.
The latest Pokémon Go season, Season of Heritage, is ongoing, with a new event for each of the season’s three months. December brought us Dragonspiral Descent, as players helped Blanche in bringing Druddigon to Pokémon Go. Now Spark needs our help for January’s event, Mountains of Power, with unknown bonuses still to come.
When does Mountains of Power take place?
Mountains of Power started in Pokémon Go on January 7th, 2021 at 10am local time. It is due to end on January 13th, 2021 at 8pm local time. However, we can see from the official Pokémon GO season site that there is more to come from the second month of the Season of Heritage from January 19th. What this is, however, is yet to be revealed.
As with January, the accompanying storyline suggests that Spark will “unlock the next mechanism” on the mysterious door, leading to the event starting on January 19th, 2022. We’ll update you as soon as the next event is announced.
Mountains of Power Research Tasks and Timed Research
During the week-long Mountains of Power event, players will be able to complete a Timed Research, and complete event-themed research tasks from Pokéstops. Here’s every event challenge.
Mountains of Power Timed Research Part 1 of 2:
- Catch five Pokémon – Slugma encounter
- Earn two Candies walking with your buddy – Ferroseed encounter
- Hatch an egg – Alolan Geodude encounter
Rewards: Absol encounter, 1,000 Stardust, 10 Great Balls
Mountains of Power Timed Research Part 2 of 2:
- Catch six different species of Pokémon – Absol encounter
- Earn two candies walking with your Buddy – Onix encounter
- Hatch two eggs – Beldum encounter
Rewards: Mawile encounter, 2,000 Stardust, 10 Ultra Balls
Mountains of Power Pokéstop Research Tasks
There are three event-themed research tasks available from Pokéstops, these are:
- Hatch an egg — Alolan Geodude encounter
- Walk 1 km — Slugma encounter
- Earn 2 Candies walking with your buddy — Mawile encounter
It’s worth noting that every Pokémon that you can encounter with the above Timed Research and Pokéstop Research Tasks has a chance of being shiny, so make sure to complete as many as you can before the event ends!
Mountains of Power bonuses
- Event-themed Rock and Steel-type Pokémon in the wild
- Event-themed Rock and Steel-type Pokémon in raids
- Event-themed field research
- Half the walking distance (1km) to earn a heart with your Buddy
Ongoing Season of Heritage bonuses
- Seasonal Pokémon in the wild
- Seasonal Pokémon hatching from eggs
- Guaranteed Gifts from Pokéstops
- Boosted damage in remote raids
- Increased Incense effectiveness
- Bonus Candy when trading
- Guaranteed XL Candy when trading