In the making for over two years, the game originally codenamed Project Oxygen will now go by the name ‘Forever Skies’ and the devs, based out of Poland with previous work on triple-A titles such as Dying Light, Dying Light 2, Dead Island, The Medium, Chernobylite, and the Divinity Original Sin Series have showcased a first look at the gameplay which you can see below.
Forever Skies is a first-person action survival sci-fi game that takes place on a destroyed and deserted Earth in the wake of a massive ecological disaster.
You play as a lone scientist returning to Earth long after a global ecological catastrophe has left the planet uninhabitable to humans. Above the toxic clouds are the remnants of humanity’s last stand.
You must build, expand and control a high-tech airship that will act as your transport, shelter, laboratory, and workshop for researching mysterious substances and crafting tools for survival. Scavenge, find ways of obtaining food and resources, and explore the ruins above and below the thick, toxic dust layer which now shrouds the Earth’s surface.
Gameplay in Forever Skies will include exploration in your airship and on foot, crafting, base building, planting, combat, and scientific research in virology in search of a cure to help those few, who survive in orbit.
Gameplay Lead and Far from Home CEO, Andrzej Blumenfeld said “We were truly overwhelmed and humbled by the initial reception of our project. I hope that the teaser trailer with the first gameplay running on the power of Unreal Engine will give a nice glimpse into our wrecked world and a clear idea of the direction we’re heading.”
Forever Skies features
- Return To Earth – Take on the role of a scientist returning to Earth devastated by a global ecological disaster. This event caused the surface of the planet to be covered in a colossal layer of toxic dust, forcing humanity to build massive towers to try to survive.
- Build & Control Your Advanced Airship – Build and customize a high-tech airship. It will be your home, workshop, laboratory. Extract and gather resources to improve it to make it fit your gaming tactics.
- Utilize Science To Survive – Analyze scanned items and reverse engineer lost technology. Research new ways of obtaining food, resources, new tools and more.
- Scavenge Ruined Skies – Explore and discover the remains of our civilization. Extract resources from the ruins that were built up high to escape the dust. Find out what happened and how we lost Earth.
- Descend Below The Dust – Discover a strange new world that changed with the absence of humanity. Hunt for viral pathogens, use them as weapons or better yourself with viral boosts.
- Fight for Your Life – Below the dust lies a totally new ecosystem so expect a fight against evolved and dangerous creatures.
You can get more information on Far from Home on its official website.