Perhaps one of the most unlikely collaborations to come out of 2022 is the Attack on Titan COD crossover. One of the best-selling manga series of all time, Attack on Titan (Shingeki No Kyojin) and popular animes is collaborating with Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone Pacific in the game’s first and major update of 2022.
As part of this new bundle, set to be released as part of the midseason update, players will get to see some iconic items, characters and names from the manga all throughout the game. Including operator Daniel Yatsu donning a new skin that has him wearing one of the manga’s most popular and beloved characters’ outfit, Levi Ackerman. Yes, that includes the iconic mid-part hair.
This all stems from the celebration of the release Attack on Titan’s final season. Which is currently airing on Crunchyroll and Funimation every Sunday.
What is Attack on Titan?
Attack on Titan is a popular manga that has been adapted into anime. It tells the complex story of war and the cycle of hatred. Although most people would also know it for the famous uncanny humanoid Giants prone to devouring people. It features a cast of characters who try to fight for their survival against the Titans; the Scouts, who sport the ‘Wings of Freedom’ on their clothes.
When first watching the show, you quickly realise that conventional weapons don’t work against the Titans. Instead only sharp blade that can cut through the Titan’s nape is enough to kill them. Hence the iconic pair of swords most Attack on Titan characters are armed with.
Attack on Titan is filled to the brim with mystery, horror, symbolism and an intricately woven story. If you’re not familiar, it’s worth watching!
Attack on Titan x COD – New Features
As part of this collaboration, there’s a variety of different items you can get via the Tracer Pack: Attack on Titan – Levi Edition.
- Survey Corps – Operator Skin
- Weapon – Historia: Named after one of the characters from Attack on Titan. The Legendary Historia SMG is a new Weapon Blueprint worth adding to your Warzone Pacific or Vanguard Multiplayer and Zombies Loadouts.
- Weapon – Ymir’s Curse: Named after a particular affliction that affects certain character’s in the manga and causes an early demise. Thus a good name for a gun, right? The Ymir’s Curse is an Assault Rifle; whose Blueprints you can get to add to your Warzone Pacific or Vanguard Multiplayer and Zombies Loadouts.
- Weapon – Titan Piercer: The very iconic weapons used by the characters in Attack on Titan against the Titans; these pair of blades are made of ultrahard steel, the only material that can slice through a Titan. You can pick the Weapon Blueprints for these up as part of the Tracer Pack.
- Sticker – Secret Keeper: An item used in the story that suddenly turns everything we knew about it upside down.
- Sticker – One Hot Potato: A specific item in honour of a specific character in the story called Sasha.
As well as these items are also a finishing move, MVP highlight and a highlight intro. Each of which showcase some Attack on Titan moves to stand out above the rest.
When is the Attack on Titan x COD update out?
All of these features will officially become available on January 20, approximately one week after a midseason update for Vanguard and Warzone Pacific.