Spanish Rice and Smoked Sausage skillet meal is perfect on a busy night. It’s so easy to throw together and it reheats well. We love this dish with cornbread muffins. The flavor it in this dish is really great and it’s super versatile. If there is is something you don’t like you can easily leave it out.
Spanish Rice and Smoked Sausage Ingredients Needed:
Can of mushroom
Hot sauce (optional)
You could easily make this with another type of sausage too. If you love spicy food, try Andouille sausage for a nice treat! If you want a lighter dish use turkey smoked sausage. This dish is one anyone can make and your family will enjoy.Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Spanish Rice and Smoked Sausage
This Spanish Rice and Smoked Sausage Skillet Meal is perfect for a busy night.
- 1 cup long-grain rice uncooked
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 7 ounce can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained can use Rotel Tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic or 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb. smoked sausage sliced in rounds, I use Hillshire Farms (could use turkey sausage, hamburger or turkey burger)
- dash hot sauce optional
Brown rice, onion, celery and green pepper in butter. Add broth, mushrooms, garlic, salt, pepper, tomatoes, sausage and hot sauce
Cover and let simmer for about 25 minutes until rice soaks up liquid.
If you use hamburger or turkey burger, you would brown it with the rice, onions, peppers and celery.