Chinese manufacturer, Realme is the world’s fastest-growing smartphone brand. The company focuses on high-quality and durable products that give buyers a good run for their money. Yesterday, Realme officially announced its new series, the Realme 9 Pro series. One of the selling points of this series is its camera. This series is a mid-range series but it comes with a flagship camera. The Realme 9 Pro series has two models – Realme 9 Pro and Realme 9 Pro+.
Realme 9 Pro+
Talking about the camera, the Realme 9 Pro+ comes with a Sony IMX766 OIS camera. This is the first smartphone in the mid-range segment to use this camera. This device also uses a 6.43-inch Super AMOLED display that supports a high refresh rate of 90Hz. The colour output is brilliant and the display is incredibly smooth. Of course, it comes with an on-screen fingerprint sensor. Interestingly, this sensor can detect heart rate.
The camera of this smartphone supports ProLight Imaging Technology powered by Sony IMX766 flagship sensor, OIS, and EIS dual stabilization. It also comes with AI Noise Cancellation 3.0 Technology. Simply put, Realme 9 Pro+ camera is comparable to the best image quality in the mid-range segment.
Under the hood, this device comes with a MediaTek®Dimensity™920 5G processor. It also has an X-axis motor tactile engine and a 60W Super DartCharge. On the software end, this smartphone comes with Realme UI 3.0 on top of Android 12. Realme promises that this device will deliver a flagship experience.
Realme 9 Pro+ specifications
- 6.43-inch (2400×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate, up to 1000 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- Octa Core (2 x 2.5GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 920 6nm processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.2) storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Android 12 with realme UI 3.0
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, Sony IMX766 sensor, OIS, 8MP ultra-wide camera with Sony IMX355 sensor f/2.2 aperture, 2MP 4cm macro camera with Galaxycore GC02M1 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 160.2×73.3×7.99mm; Weight: 182g
- 5G SA/NSA (n1/n3/n5/n7/n8/n20/n28/n38/n40/n41/n77/n78/n66 bands), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 60W fast charging
As for its price, the Realme 9 Pro+ starts at 379 dollars for the 6GB + 128GBs storage variant. It is available in Sunrise Blue, Aurora Green, and Midnight Black colours.
Realme 9 Pro
The Realme 9 Pro comes with a Qualcomm® Snapdragon™695 5G processor. It supports up to 13GB Dynamic RAM and also comes with a liquid cooling system. According to Realme, this device has a “terrific performance”. Furthermore, the Realme 9 uses a 64MP main camera in a triple camera setup and also exclusively supports Street Mode 2.0. Also, this device comes with a 3.5mm Hi-Res Certified Headphone Jack and the latest Realme UI 3.0 on top of Android 12. As for its price, the 6GB + 128GB version sells for $319.
realme 9 Pro specifications
- 6.6-inch (2400×1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core Snapdragon 695 8nm Mobile Platform (2.2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 560 CPUs) with Adreno 619L GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with Omnivision OV64B sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide camera with Omnivision OV08D10 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with Galaxycore GC02M1 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.05 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, single speaker
- Dimensions:164.3×75.6×8.5mm; Weight: 195g
- 5G SA/NSA (n1/n3/n5/n7/n8/n20/n28/n66/n38/n40/n41/n77/n78 bands), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 33W fast charging
Realme 9 Pro series smartphone bag
The company also announced the founders of a fashion brand – HELIOT EMIL, as the Guest Designer of realme Design Studio™. The light shift design of Realme 9 Pro series will lead the trend of smartphone design. It will be the first smartphone debuts in Paris Fashion Week main calendar.
Realme announces the world’s first Free Fire co-designed smartphone
In 2019, Free Fire was the world’s most downloaded game for young people. As of now, it remains one of the most popular games worldwide.
Realme and Free Fire will collaborate on the Realme 9 Pro+ Free Fire edition to bring a high-performance 5G gaming experience to Free Fire players. This custom version will hit the market in April