In June last year, the OnePlus 9 Pro and Razer Phone 2 ushered in the official adaptation of LineageOS 18.1, and now, the OnePlus 9 has also joined this camp. For OnePlus 9 users who don’t like OxygenOS 12.0, LineageOS 18.1 will be a good choice. You may have heard of the third-party Android system, LineageOS. Its predecessor was CyanogenMod (CM), which was very popular in the flashing circle. The ROM of CM is very popular in third-party flashing packages.
In April last year, LineageOS 18.1 based on the Android 11 kernel was officially released. The first supported devices include Google Pixel 3, Pixel 4, OnePlus 5, OnePlus 8 series, Samsung Galaxy S4 series, Xiaomi Mi 5, Mi 5s Plus, Xiaomi Mi MIX, Mi MIX 2S, Xiaomi Mi 8, etc.
It is important to note that as of now, there is no official LineageOS download package for the OnePlus 9. For those who need it, they can click here to download it.
However, there is a strict warning on this update. These instructions only work if you follow every section and step precisely. The official update page also advises that users should not continue if anything fails. Thus, we recommend that you have a fair knowledge of LineageOS before attempting the update.
- Read through the instructions at least once before actually following them, so as to avoid any problems due to any missed steps!
- Make sure your computer has adb and fastboot. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Make sure that your model is actually listed in the “Supported models” section here (exact match required!)
OnePlus 9 specifications
- 6.55-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 402 ppi 20:9 Fluid AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10+, 1100 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with OxygenOS 11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/1.43″ Sony IMX689 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, EIS, 50MP 1/1.56″ ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1/1.56″ Sony IMX766 sensor, 4cm macro, 2MP monochrome camera, 8k video at 30 fps, 4K video at 60fps, 720p slow motion at 480fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with 1/1.43″ Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, EIS
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 160×73.9×8.1mm; Weight: 183g
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65 Fast Charging (10V/6.5A), 15W Qi wireless charging (North America / Europe)