Air Fryer Chicken Breasts are the easiest dinner ever and are ready in under 20 minutes including prep!
The air fryer makes chicken breasts incredibly tender and juicy with just a couple of minutes of prep and a few seasonings.
This will definitely be a go-to recipe on busy nights! A nice golden crust and perfectly juicy, they’re great on their own or sliced over a salad!
Why You’ll Love Cooking Chicken Breasts in an Air Fryer
- I air fry pretty much everything because it’s quick and easy (I have a 5.8QT Cosori Air Fryer).
- This needs just a couple of minutes of prep.
- It takes only a handful of ingredients. Use the seasonings below, your favorite chicken seasoning, or really any seasoning mix.
- The results are incredibly juicy every single time. Hands down one of our favorite 20-minute meals.
- It’s great to make ahead for meal prep.
Chicken Breasts can range in size from 5oz to 10oz. This recipe is for boneless skinless chicken breasts sized 6-7oz. (We use this recipe for air fryer chicken thighs). Four 6oz chicken breasts will weigh about 1 1/2 lbs.
Seasonings are simple. Olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper are all that’s needed. I prefer kosher salt for this recipe.
These come out so juicy they’re even great with just salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning.
Marinade or Brine?
A brine is great for lean meats like pork chops. While many recipes use brines, we use our air fryer for last minute quick and easy meals. So we say no brine is required!
As long as you don’t overcook it, you can make extra juicy chicken breasts in the air fryer without brining.
Marinating is also not necessary but if you’d like to use a chicken marinade you certainly can for some extra flavor. Once you remove the chicken from the marinade (if it’s a wet marinade), ensure to remove any excess to allow the chicken to crisp on the outside a bit in the air fryer.
How to Air Fry Chicken Breasts
- Rub chicken breasts with a little olive oil and seasoning (per the recipe below).
- Place in the air fryer basket ensuring there is space around each chicken breast.
- Cook 16-19 minutes flipping after 10 minutes.
Rest a few minutes before cutting.
How Long to Cook Chicken Breasts in an Air Fryer
Note: this is for 6-7 oz chicken breasts. Chicken breasts can range in size from 5oz to 10oz. Adjust cook time as needed.
- Cook chicken breasts for about 10 minutes.
- Turn them over and cook another 6-9 minutes.
- Use an instant read thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
NOTE: Be sure to check the temperature of the chicken a few minutes early to ensure it doesn’t overcook. Appliances can vary.
Tips for Success
- A few swipes of BBQ sauce will add a great flavor and sticky exterior.
- Check for doneness a few minutes before cooking should be done by inserting a meat thermometer in the thickest part. Chicken should reach 165°F.
- Let the chicken breasts rest 5 minutes before serving.
- When seasoning chicken breasts, pat the seasoning into it all over, firmly coating the chicken with the seasonings.
- Do not overcook.
More Great Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Did you make these Air Fryer Chicken Breasts? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts are perfectly seasoned, tender & juicy!
Seasoning Mix (or use your favorite seasoning blend)
Preheat air fryer to 370°F. Combine the seasoning mix.
Rub chicken breasts with olive oil. Season with the mix or your favorite seasoning blend.
Place chicken breasts in the air fryer (ensuring they don’t overlap) and cook for 10 minutes.
Flip chicken over and cook an additional 6-9 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F. Do not overcook.
Rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Cook time can vary slightly based on the size/shape of chicken, this recipe is written for 6-7 oz chicken breasts. Chicken breasts can range in size from 5oz to 10oz and appliances can vary. Adjust cook time as needed.
Other seasoning options include garlic powder with Italian seasoning, Greek seasoning blend, cajun seasoning or lemon pepper.
If your chicken breasts fit in your basket without overlapping, you can use 4 chicken breasts. If they’re extra large, cook in batches or just use 3 chicken breasts (seasoning will remain the same). Larger chicken breasts will need an extra minute or two of cooking time.
Calories: 174, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 24g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 72mg, Sodium: 132mg, Potassium: 418mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 69IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 19mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Course Chicken, Dinner, Entree, Main Course